Let’s Taco-bout this Plant-Based Tex-Mex Taco Pizza Recipe
Prep/Total Time: 25 minutes
Number of portions: 4
Serving size: 1/4 pizza
Whether you’re a vegetarian, or just looking to cut down on the amount of meat you're eating, this is an easy recipe to enjoy classic taco flavors your whole family will love. This recipe will work with any brand of plant-based ground beef products. Queso fresco — “fresh cheese” — is a Mexican cheese. The flavor is pretty innocuous — fresh, bright, milky, and mild — but is a perfect complement to a variety of dishes, by either providing contrast to a heavier dish like enchiladas or huevos rancheros, or by complementing something equally light, like salads or grilled vegetables. Queso fresco has a trademark salty-sour kick, and while it’s creamy by nature of its freshness, it’s not rich or buttery tasting. Mexican crema is a creamy, slightly tangy ingredient, similar to sour cream but with a higher fat content that offers richness and creaminess
Stay Informed: Join Our Newsletter
- 1 FRESCHETTA® Gluten Free Four Cheese Pizza, frozen
- 6oz / 3/4 cup Plant-based ground meat, any variety, thawed
- 1 and 1/2 tsp taco seasoning blend
- 8-10 slices jalpeno slices, pickled or fresh
- 1/2 cup lettuce, shredded
- 2 Tbsp salsa
- 1/3 cup Queso Fresco, fresh
- 1 Tbsp Mexican-style Crema, fresh
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Prep plant -based meat with taco seasoning together, according to package instructions
- Top mixture over FRESCHETTA® Gluten Free Four Cheese Pizza.
- Place jalapeno slices evenly across pizza.
- Bake pizza on center rack for 10-13 minutes.
- Place pizza on cutting board and top with remaining ingredients.
- Slice and enjoy.
Disclaimer: Pizza should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Once cooked, let pizza cool for at least two minutes before eating.