Classic Pizzeria Flavor at home with our Meatball & Ricotta Recipe!
Prep/Total Time: 20 minutes
Number of portions: 4
Serving size: 1/4 pizza
Recreate this classic pizzeria flavor profile at home. You can find meatballs in your freezer section, or often at your grocer's deli counter. Ricotta is an Italian fresh cheese made from sheep, cow, goat or buffalo’s milk whey left over from the production of cheese. Traditional Italian fresh ricotta is smoother than cottage cheese and tastes mildly sweet. Good Ricotta is firm, not solid and consists of a mass of fine, moist, delicate grains, neither salted nor ripened. The light, delicate consistency and clean flavors make it a perfect accompaniment to a variety of recipes and dishes. The other ingredients compliment the main ingredients, and you have a sophisticated full-flavored pizza.
Stay Informed: Join Our Newsletter
- 1 FRESCHETTA® Gluten Free Four Cheese Pizza, frozen
- 3.3oz / 1/3 cup Ricotta cheese
- Basil or oregano, fresh, chopped
- Meetballs, pre-cooked, halved
- Garlic, fresh, sliced thinly
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Olive oil, extra virgin, drizzle
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix together fresh ricotta with fresh herbs.
- Top FRESCHETTA® Gluten Free Four Cheese Pizza with dollops of herbed ricotta, meatballs, tomatoes and garlic.
- Bake pizza on center rack for 10-13 minutes.
- Place pizza on cutting board and drizzle with olive oil.
- Slice and enjoy.
Disclaimer: Pizza should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Once cooked, let pizza cool for at least two minutes before eating.