Whole Grain Crust Dunkers
Mexican Chocolate Sauce:
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Herbed Goat Cheese:
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Mexican Chocolate Sauce Ingredients
- 1 FRESCHETTA® Whole Grain Pizza, prepared
- 8 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper, or to desired heat level
- 1 tsp Maldon or Sea salt
Mexican Chocolate Sauce Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F degrees.
- Cut crust in half, turn sideways and slice into long strips.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl and heat in 1 minute, stir and heat in 10-second intervals until completely melted.
- Mix in cinnamon and cayenne. Stir to incorporate.
- Dip crust into chocolate, sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
Tip: Use the best quality chocolate you can find for the utmost flavor. I used Belgium dark chocolate.
Herbed Goat Cheese Ingredients
- 8 oz. good quality soft goat cheese/chevre
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp minced shallots
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp dried Herbs d'Provence
- Salt and pepper
- 1 FRESCHETTA® Whole Grain Pizza, prepared and sliced
Herbed Goat Cheese Instructions
- Mix goat cheese, EVOO, heavy cream until smooth.
- Blend in shallots, garlic, lemon zest and herbs and mix until well incorporated.
- Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Spread cheese mixture onto pizza crust or serve on the side.
Tip: Substitute dried Herbs d'Provence with 3 Tbsp of chopped mixed fresh herbs such as oregano, thyme, tarragon, dill and/or rosemary.